Friday, July 6, 2012

top 5+high five for friday!+a cry for help {of course}

I'm sharing two lists with you today and then, in return, I want something from you all.

First I'm going to tell you my top 5 recipes that I make on the weekly.  When one of these things starts to get low, it's time to make another batch.  We ALWAYS have these things on hand.  Literally.  Always.

1.  Pumkin muffins.  C and I eat these every morning for breakfast.  And sometimes in the afternoon for a snack.  Zap them in the microwave before you stuff your face.  Amazeballs.  I omit the nutmeg and add more cinnamon.  I also use whole wheat white flour in the streusel topping.  Be warned:  the flax makes C and I supa gassy.

2.  My ma's chicken salad.  Here's the recipe:
2 c. chicken breasts, cooked (2 breasts, or more if you want it to last longer than a day)
Mayo (about 1/2 c)
celery, chopped
lemon juice
dash of salt
Chop up chicken in food processor.  Add in all the ingredients.  Enjoy.
Seriously.  I don't like real "tangy" chicken salad made with miracle whip.  It kind of makes me vom.  This stuff rocks.  Serious.

3.  Pasta sauce.  This changes everytime I make it.  Sometimes it's thick, sometimes it has meat, sometimes it doesn't.  Bottom line:  I'll never use a store bought jar of sauce again.  Ever.

4.  Salsa.  B and I love salsa.  Like, a little obsessed.  This stuff makes my mouth water just typing about it.  Told you it was weird how much we love.
This is better the longer it sits in your fridge {to a certain point.  We don't eat it when there's mold, but that never happens because it's not still around that long}.  We like it spicay.

5.  Chocolate chip cookies.  I have nothing more to say except that these are awesomesauce.

Honorary 6.  Granola.  It's taken me a few attempts to perfect this recipe but once I did there was no turning back.  C and I love to munch on this throughout the day.  In fact, I think I'll be making some today.
Now go get busy in the kitch.  But not yet.  I still have another list to share and you still have to give me your help.

High Five For Friday!

1.  It's my twin brothers' birthday today.  Happy Birthday, bros!  They're 6.5 years older than me so we weren't very close growing up.  Plus they're identical twins so they had each other to be besties with and do weird twin stuff.  But now that we're all older and in sort of the same place in life, we're alot closer and I'm very thankful!

2.  It's date night for me and B!  We haven't had a date night in months so it's long overdue and very much necessary.  We try to have one once a month and when it's been longer, you can tell.  It's time.  Olive Garden here we come!

3.  It's been hott here.  Which comes as no surprise if you live not under a rock.  But according to the 10 day forecast, Sunday will be in the 80's!  That's like, cold.  So excited.

4.  3 days until Bachelorette :)  TEAM SEAN

5.  LESS than a month until my bestie's wedding!

Ok hotties, now I need help from you, if you've made it this far in the post.
We're leaving in a week for the Ozarks with my fam.  With C.  Which means a LONG car ride {in our book, anything longer than 30 minutes in the car is long.}.  We're talking 4+ hours.  We have a DVD player in the car, obvi.  What else do I need to get for our high activity babe?  Toys, books, DVDs, drugs.  Hit me. GO

1 comment:

Krista said...

you need Color Wonder Markers! They don't show up on anything but the paper! They're an awesome car diversion! :)